Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday #45


"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

 
This week's books:

THE WINNER'S CURSE by Marie Rutkoski
Release Date: March 4th, 2014 from Farrar, Straus and Giroux
 
 
As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions. One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin. But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined.
 
~This past weekend I attended the Decatur Book Festival where I got to hear Marie talked about The Winner's Curse. Let me just say I don't believe the synopsis does it justice. This book sounds amazing!
 
MANOR OF SECRETS by Katherine Longshore
Release Date: January 28th, 2014 from Point
 
 
   The year is 1911. And at The Manor, nothing is as it seems . . .
   Lady Charlotte Edmonds: Beautiful, wealthy, and sheltered, Charlotte feels suffocated by the strictures of upper-crust society. She longs to see the world beyond The Manor, to seek out high adventure. And most of all, romance.
   Janie Seward: Fiery, hardworking, and clever, Janie knows she can be more than just a kitchen maid. But she isn't sure she possesses the courage -- or the means -- to break free and follow her passions.
   Both Charlotte and Janie are ready for change. As their paths overlap in the gilded hallways and dark corridors of The Manor, rules are broken and secrets are revealed. Secrets that will alter the course of their lives. . . forever.
 
~Manor of Secrets sounds like YA Downton Abbey. Sign me up for all the historical drama, romance and secrets.
 
What are you all "Waiting On"?
 

11 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by the Longshore book. I have Gilt by her in my TBR pile.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picks! I need The Winner's Curse after all the rave reviews it got. Why doesn't it come out till 2014? *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both books sound interesting but I'm pretty sure they are not for me. I hope you enjoy reading them though. The winner's curse was a very popular and liked choice in last week's WOWs so it should be good.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Winners Curse sounds SO good! And I love the cover. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much hype around The Winner's Curse! I simply can't wait for it.
    I hadn't heard of the Katherine Longshore book, but you're right it does sound like a YA version of Downtown Abbey! I'm definitely in since I love YA historical fiction.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Winner's Curse looks amazing, I can't wait!

    my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait another 6 months for The Winner's Curse, it looks incredible :) Great choices :)

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesda-biggest-flirts/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently went to Katherine Longshore's signing and that was exactly how she described this one---Downton Abbey for YA. I nearly fell on the floor with excitement! :D
    Dying for Winner's Curse, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, this was a absolutely superior post. In approach I'd like to address like this too - demography time and absolute accomplishment to accomplish a acceptable article... but what can I say... I adjourn alot and never assume to get something done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Winner's Curse sounds intriguing! It's not one I would have chosen directly off of the synopsis (I like a slow building romance and this doesn't immediately suggest that to me) but I'm want to know more about it now. I thinking re Downton-esque - do they swap place? :-) Cool picks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...