Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish
This Week's Top Ten is all about Bookish Confessions. What kind of bookish secrets do Carrie and I want to confess? Check um out below.
Carrie's Top 5 Bookish Confessions:
1) My husband bought me a Nook so he wouldn't have to keep buying bookshelves but I keep buying more physical copies anyway. Darn you Salt Lake City with all your great authors and book signings.
|The King's English Bookshop in SLC|
2) As mentioned above I keep buying more and more books which means I can't keep up with reading them all. My TBR stack is out of control. I counted all of them the other day but I'm going to keep that number to myself. I'm in denial.
3) I love my library and use it quite frequently which means the books I own are still not getting read. Sigh.
4) Even though my shelves are bursting at the seams I can't part with a single book. I think I might have a slight problem. Lol
5) Since I covet my books, I have a hard time loaning them out (I do but it isn't easy...lol) because I'm very anal about their condition. I don't like broken spines, dog-eared pages or ripped/nicked/bent covers. When I purchase books from the store I have to pull them all off the shelf so I can buy the best looking one. Also when reading hardcover books, the dust jacket comes off so there is less chance it will get damaged in any way.
*Well there you have it, I'm an anal book hoarder but isn't the first step to recovery admitting you have a problem? Hi, my name is Carrie and I have a book addiction.
Shannon's Top 5 Bookish Confessions:
1) I am a book pusher, LOL! I can get many of my friends to read books they wouldn't normally read. The sad part is a lot of times its books I've heard amazing things about but haven't actually read myself.
2) I'm a serious bookmark hoarder and because of this I have to keep giveaway swag separate from my own stash. I currently have over 4 envelopes filled with various bookmarks which I have no intention of parting with...like ever!
|A small sampling of my bkmark collection|
3) I have wasted perfectly good reading time watching entire series on Netflix. My most recent addictions have been: Pretty Little Liars, Dance Academy, Alphas and Falling Skies. To save myself and this blog it had to go. Bye, Bye Netflix you will be missed. Phew...I should have way more time for reading now.
4) YA books helped me become a better reader. This might sound like an odd thing to say but I wasn't the best reader when I was young and sometimes I still struggle. In middle school if I had to read aloud in class it was complete and utter fear. I always tripped over words and had a hard time with pronunciation. This caused me to read less and less as I got older, but the thing is I loved the transformative power books gave me. I didn't want to lose that so instead I found books that made reading enjoyable. It started with Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson and I've been reading YA ever since.
5) Most likely I'm not reading what you're reading and I'm okay with that. I've been told by many bloggers and readers that they've never heard of the book I'm reading: 172 Hours on the Moon, Five Flavors of Dumb, Mister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls, The Space Between and so on. It's not that I don't enjoy reading the bigger name titles, its just I love drawing attention to the under the radar book. Its one of the thing I like most about blogging. Helping others find a book they might have otherwise overlooked. What can I say I'm a sucker for the underdog.