Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Vespertine & Slide


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the Title & Author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 
Carrie's Teaser:

   I admit, I’d never met many boys, and most of them just that day, but I was dizzy. I trembled, just because he stood near me. Surely Zora could see that I had taken a turn. Surely she would indulge me this once.
   When Nathaniel sat, his gaze found mine again, and he said, Are you troubled to find yourself so close to me? And forever I’d swear it – he spoke, and I heard. But his lips moved not at all.

~pg. 41, The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell



Shannon's Teaser:

  "Hello?" a man asks cautiously.
  "Is Sophie there?"
  "She's asleep, like I was just a minute ago."
  "Please, sir. Please go check on her."
  "What is this about---"
  "Please, I don't have time to explain. Please go check on her."
  I hear the man set the phone down. A second passes, stretching out into forever. Another second. Another.
  And then the screaming begins.

~pg. 55, Slide (ARC) by Jill Hathaway


2 comments:

  1. I like both of those teasers, though I think the first would be more my style (and am I right in thinking it's historical?). Nice choices.

    If you’d like, you can check out my teaser .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to read Slide and that teaser makes it even harder to wait! I hope your both enjoying your books. Here's my Teaser

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...