Monday, March 12, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Take A Bow

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the Title & Author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 
Shannon's Teaser:
    
   Ethan's fork drops, Ben look down at the floor, and I just sit there with my mouth open. I can't believe Jack would bring up...The Incident. 
   Jack realizes, too late, what he's done. "You know, I..."
   "Oh, so now you're at a loss for words?" Ethan says through clenched teeth. "Two seconds too late." He gets up and heads to the bathroom.
   "Emme...", Jack's voice is a low whisper.
   "It's okay, it's not your fault. I'm the one..."
   I don't even want to think about what happened this summer. Ethan and I haven't talked about it since. Nobody has.
   I was hoping that we'd returned to normal. Things seemed to be a lot better.
   However, Ethan's abrupt departure from the table makes it clear:
   Appearances can be deceiving

 ~pgs. 28-29, Take a Bow (ARC) by Elizabeth Eulberg

7 comments:

  1. Things aren't looking to well! My teaser is from The Black Moth by Georgette Heyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! It is definitely being added to my TBR list so I can check it out - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesdays-shadows-by-jennifer-l.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I wonder what the Incident is. Thanks for sharing.

    My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo, now I want to know what happened! Happy reading!

    Preet @ AWR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome teaser, I need to know what "the incident" is!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. I wonder what kind of drama caused that. Nice teaser!

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...