Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Adapt Me: Before I Die & The Book Thief

As I previously reported on here & here, Jenny Downham's novel Before I Die is getting the movie treatment, but has been renamed Now is Good. Starring Dakota Fanning as Tessa, the UK trailer was just released a few days ago and can be watched below.


Elsewhere in movie news The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is being adapted for the big screen by Fox 2000 with frequent Downton Abbey episode director Brian Percival attached to direct it. The screenplay was written by Michael Petroni (Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader) and is set to begin filming this summer in Europe.

So what do you all think? Excited The Book Thief is being made into a film or are you worried about how it will turn out?

Also what do you think of the Now is Good Trailer? If you're British, how do you find Dakota's accent? If you've read the book, do you think it captures the mood of the story? If you haven't read it yet, does the trailer make you want to?

Share your thoughts below. I always love hearing from you all.


8 comments:

  1. I am always interested to see a book go to film, but I like to try to read the book first. Both of these sound like they'll be good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Book Thief though I have heard of it so I can't comment on it I also haven't read Before I Die but I've heard of it as well. I really like Dakota Fanning and I'm not British so I can't comment on her accent with any authority but in my opinion I think it's OK. Not great but I can live with it. This movie I might wait for to come out on DVD as opposed to going to the theatres to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about The Book Thief and I'm pretty excited! Although I'm a little hesitant too. That book is such a big undertaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I NOT know about Before I Die!? I'm crying now after that trailer! OMG! It captures the mood of the book! I need to re-read the book now though! UGH! Is it being released in the US? I need to go and Google right now!

    I'm excited for The Book Thief!

    I love these posts of yours! Just an FYI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jacinda it will be released in the states, sometime this spring I believe.

      Delete
  5. I dunno. The trailer was a bit feel good for me. I recall an edgy book. I read it with my ears while shoveling snow in a snow storm and I got so furious with Tessa that the shoveling was easy. I hope they don't gloss over the pure hell she put her dad through.

    The Book Thief is another favorite of mine and I think will be tough to bring to the screen.

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read both of these book asap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm VERY NERVOUS about The Book Thief! It will either be incredible or a disaster. Oh dear!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...