Friday, January 13, 2012

TGIF (3) - 2012 Must Reads

So its been about 6 months since Carrie and I did a TGIF hosted by GReads, which is CRAZINESS because we really love participating.

This Week's TGIF Question –

2012 Must Reads: Which books are at the top of your list to be read this year (new or old releases)?

Even though GReads said we could pick either new or old releases, we've both decided to only pick new ones.

Shannon's Must Reads

1. In Honor by Jessi Kirby
I really enjoyed Jessi's debut novel Moonglass and this novel sounds like it will pack an equally emotional punch. Plus I'm a such a sucker for contemps and this is at the top of my Must Read contemps list.

2. Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
I just finished Catching Jordan not to long ago and I loved it so much! I can tell you I'm absolutely desperate to get my hands on another one of Miranda's books. The fact that Stealing Parker is a companion to Catching Jordan is just icing on the already awesome cake.

3. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
So any novel that takes the Robin Hood legend and flips it on its head is already pretty cool in my book. Its also kind of historical which makes it a nice departure from all the contemp and paranormal books I read.

4. The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova
Evil mermaids...check! Hot Merman...check! Greek Mythology...check! An awesome author who has been amazing to me and this blog...check! I can not wait to read this book. I just wish I had it to read right now, LOL!



On Both Our Must Read Lists

1. GILT by Katherine Longshore
We both enjoy historical fiction and this one definitely sounds like a must read. You had us at Tudors, LOL. A soon to be guilty pleasure, we're sure.

2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Honestly is there anyone who read Divergent that doesn't want to read this one? Yeah, we don't think so and we're super jealous of anyone who's already had the chance to read it.

Carrie's Must Reads

1. Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
I have been anxiously awaiting the sequel to A Discovery of Witches. I can't wait to see what will happen next for Diana and Matthew. I have a feeling they may get more than they bargain for on their timewalk.

2. Rage Within by Jeyn Roberts
Dark Inside was a surprise for me. I bought it on a whim because the premise sounded really good (albeit a bit out of my comfort zone). Once I started it, I couldn't put it down. The ending left me wondering if there would be another one and to my delight there is. Can't wait for September!

3. The Savage Grace by Bree Despain
The third and final installment in The Dark Divine series. Can't wait to see how things are going to turn out for Grace and Daniel!

4. A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young
I won A Need So Beautiful from Loretta at Between the Pages and we quickly bonded over our love for it and became book buddies. I foresee lots more bonding, gushing and texting over the next installment in the series.



What books make up your 2012 Must Read List?

9 comments:

  1. In Honor looks so good! I also really need to read A Need So Beautiful so then I can read A Want so Wicked!

    you can check out my TGIF here if you want!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choices - I love the cover for Scarlet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon's list is pretty much mine!

    Carrie - just wondered if you'd had a chance to listen t the audio of A Need and what you thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I see Insurgent on someones to read list, I say "Is there anyone who read Divergent and does NOT want to read the sequel?" soo.. Um. Awkward, I don't know what I was actually getting at except that we said the same thing, which is sort of lame now that I wrote the whole thing.. BUT I don't have anything else to say, so I'll just..

    *shuts up*

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited about Insurgent as well! I want to see further developments between Tris and Four. And The Savage Grace *swoons*

    And you've got some other great books that I haven't heard of yet, like The Vicious Deep. I'll definitely be checking that out now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great List. I am looking forward to reading both of Kenneally's books this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, great lists! I've got a bunch of those on my list as well, and now I'm running off to add more. I hadn't heard of Scarlet-I'm very intrigued.

    I also have Pandemonium, Everneath (yeah, I'm one of the few who didn't get an ARC), Spellcaster, Timepiece, and a bunch of others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *high5* I'm a sucker for conetemps too:D I'm really excited for In Honor too, doesn't even sound better then Moonglass? Jessi Kirby is going on the must buy author list! haha, I think insurgent is on EVERYONE's reading list!!

    old follower<3
    My TGIF & FF ((:
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep meaning to get to Dark Divine series, but always seem to have more important things. Oh, well. Hope you enjoy it! ^_^

    -LupLun
    Shooting for the Moon

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...