Friday, December 23, 2011

The Vicious Deep Cover Reveal

As promised a few weeks ago, I get to help author Zoraida Cordova reveal the cover to her debut novel The Vicious Deep. So just feast your eyes below and check it out!

RD: May 12th, 2012 from Sourcebooks Fire

Synopsis from Goodreads
When a sudden storm pulls sixteen year old Tristan from lifeguard duty into a deadly riptide, he discovers what he really is—a prince of the Sea Court. Turns out, his girlfriend hopping and talents as a swimmer aren’t caused by his teenage prime hormones after all.
In this modern Arthurian tale with a twist, when all a guy wants to do is get The Girl and enjoy the freak show that is a Coney Island summer, Tristan has to fight for his life, the lives of his friends, and his humanity, if he still wants it, as he’s caught in a race for a throne that is as ancient as the gods.

Isn't it gorgeous?!!! I think its perfect and not just because I got to help reveal it either, LOL! I think the cover does a wonderful job of hinting at the novel's premise without giving anything away. I mean I'm pretty sure we all know this is about merpeople, right? Also I love how there aren't any people on it, just like the cover's of The Hunger Games and Divergent. Sometime less is more and a single image or symbol can say so much. 

What do you all think of the cover? Sound of below and then head over to Zoraida's blog and let her know what you think too! :D

To:
Add The Vicious Deep To-Read on Goodreads
Follow Zoraida on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Merman, you mean! Haven't seen a merman-centered book yet. Looks cool.

    It reminds me a little of the Graceling cover. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol how funny I just added this one on goodreads yesterday when I saw the cover and the summary. It sounds like it is going to be a great book, love that it will be a male point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely intrigued! Say "Arthurian," and I'm there. And yeah, I do like that the cover deviates from the normal person-on-the-cover trope we see so much lately.


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...