Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Illuminate






Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the Title & Author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Carrie's Teaser:

I stopped myself for a moment. Trust was a difficult word to stomach, a manipulative word. This book, which seemed to want to exert so much authority over me, had introduced itself by telling me my life was in danger and to keep quiet – that was kind of a lot. We were on shaky ground, me and this book. How could I be sure of its intentions? How did I know it wasn’t going to lead me straight into danger? The more I thought about it, the angrier it made me. The book had trapped me. I read on:


~pg 114, Illuminate by Aimee Agresti (taken from electronic ARC)







3 comments:

  1. Ooh, adding to my TBR list. Great teaser! (and this is another case of serious cover love)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read this book. I love the cover, i hope your enjoying it! Here's my teaser

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser! I really want to read this. :)

    http://jaimeliredeslivres.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-10-girl-interrupted.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...