Friday, December 2, 2011

Alex Awards Challenge



Ok so I found another 2012 challenge I will be signing up for. The Alex Awards Challenge. This one is hosted by Lorren of The Story Girl.

The Alex Awards are given to ten books written for adults that have special appeal to young adults, ages 12 through 18. The winning titles are selected from the previous year's publishing.

This will be a good way for me to mix the adult and YA genres and keep my reading lists fresh. I am definitely an eccletic reader and need to mix things up from time to time.

What are the rules? It's pretty simple -- read Alex Awards winners! She will also count nominees. You can find lists here.

There are four levels - 1-3 books, 4-6 books, 7-9 books, or 10+ books.

You are not required to post reviews, but on January 1, 2012 Lorren will put up a linky for participants to post their reviews.

I'm going to go ahead and challenge myself to read 7-9 books.

I've listed below some of the titles I plan on reading (starting in Jan) for the challenge.



The Radleys by Matt Haig

32 Candles by Ernessa T. Carter


My Abandonment by Peter Rock

Mudbound by Hillary Jordan

Color of the Sea by John Hamamura

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in! I haven't heard of most of the books you have listed so I am excited to see what you think of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Alex Award is so near and dear to my heart! I'm so glad so see you doing this one too. There are a couple of books on my radar that I want to read for this challenge that you have listed. In fact, I just returned one of the ones you have listed after reading part of chapter one so I can read it after 2012 begins and count it for my challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm curious which one it was Asheley. We seem to have similar taste so I'm excited to see what books you read for the challenge as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...