Monday, June 27, 2011

Carrie's In My Mailbox #3

I know this is a day late but here is my IMM for this week.

In My Mailbox is a meme created by Kristi@ The Story Siren, its purpose is to encourage blogger interaction, as well as highlight books for our readers. IMM is not only for books you have received through the mail, but also library, borrowed, and bought books.

Bought:
I bought one book this week.
~Dead Rules by Randy Russell 
(I was just going to buy it for my Nook but the cover was to gorgeous not to own)

Borrowed:
 I borrowed three books from the library.
~Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper -reading for Historical Fiction Challenge
~Wings & Spells by Aprilynne Pike -reading for YA Series Challenge

Gifted:
I was gifted a signed copy of Dead on the Delta by the beautiful Stacey Jay.
Thank you so much!

Won:
Last but not least I won auhor Saundra Mitchell's Slip into the Past Giveaway on her blog.  I received a signed copy of The Vespertine and some lovely swag (bookmarks, a wooden fan, post-it notes and a signed bookplate for The Revenant). The Revenant along with signed copies of The Season, Prophecy of the Sisters and Guardian of the Gate will be arriving seperately so check back for future IMM posts.

As you can see I had a great book week! Now I better get busy reading!
 ~Carrie
 
I'd love to know what you got in your mailbox?

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your review of Dead Rules! I want that book so so bad, but I am trying to hold strong with my buying ban!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved Wings; hope you do too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...fantastic mailbox! Love all the Vespertine stuff you won! I really want to read that one, and the Revenant. Love Michelle Zink's books so I hope you enjoy them when they arrive! How cool to have signed copies!
    Wings is a good one---still need to read Spells and Illusions, though!
    The cover of Dead Rules is so creepy!! Of course, I grew up in a house surrounded by antique porcelain dolls so they kind of have a stigma for me haha...

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I am excited to read everything I got. Now I just have to find the time to do so. So many books and not enough hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your contest wins! Love the wooden fan from Saundra Mitchell, and the books are pretty cool too. And yea for Dead on the Delta, as Stacey Jay is awesome! Enjoy!

    Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon, you must let me know what you think of WINGS. I've been hearing great things about it lately... I'm scared it wont lie up to the hype. We have very similar likes, I'll give it a try if you say so :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lovely Getaway: Wings was actually in my IMM. I'm Shannon's sister. :-) I'm not sure if Shan is going to read Wings or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carrie *waves*,
    I totally missed the announcement about you co-hosting w/Shannon... sorry about that! Welcome to the blogging world, hurray for new bloggers :) I will definitely be on the lookout for your WINGS review!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...